Saturday 10 January 2015

An unexpected break


Dear readers, this year I`ve decied to write on my blog more from my own experience and less from the general problems or situations which appear sometimes in our career as musicians. Your feedback was, it is and will be very important for me, also from now on!

Everything happened during and after the travel back home from France. Nothing serious, just some digestive problems, but enough to keep me away from playing the flute for some days. So, I was obliged to take a break, an unexpected break. Maybe some of you had to deal with this in the past and you know what  I`m talking about. In this moments we are facing the feeling of not being able to do what we can normally do without problems. Unpleasant, isn`t it?
Sometimes is good and very useful to take a break. If  is planed, in my opinion. But when is coming suddenly, it`s not so easy to handle this situation. Because I`m an organized person and I like the predictability. In fact I can see that life is absolutely unpredictable and maybe this is a good start for me: to accept that in some moments we don`t have control, we are absolutely without the power of decision and still, we must go on. Easy to say, hard to do! 
In the first day I was very sad and frustrated. I was thinking just to my break without playing the instrument and this was not good because it made me feel little anxious, nervous. It was the most difficult day from all this period. The second day it was little better, but not very different: the same mood. My brain was full of worries and it was impossible to relax, to see the good side of this unexpected break. But you know what? Today is the first day when I feel better! I`ve realized that I`m able to do what I want to do and this is a very good feeling! I`ll not play the flute for some days, but apart this I can write, read, sleep, take a walk, watch a movie whenever I want during the day. No plans, no working hours. Now I`m able to see also the good side of this situation with much more optimism, trust and freedom! After some days of worries, I made a big step: back to normality! 

When we are able to see also the benefits of an unexpected break, we are able to go on with a totally different state of mind! Believe me, it matters!


No comments:

Post a Comment